Tuesday 22 February 2011

The end is nigh...

So it's mid-February and I'm starting to realise how quickly it's approaching the end of my residency with Imaginate. It's all very sad but I'm so elated about all that I have achieved this past year and a half; it's been a great opportunity and I've loved it. And it's also very exciting thinking about what lies ahead.

I'm going to be going from the residency straight into rehearsals for the new Scottish Opera / Visible Fictions production Clockwork. This is a new children's opera based on a short story by Philip Pullman and I will be playing the cello part. I've worked for both companies before and I know that it will be a very exciting professioanl project to be involved in. I'm also really loooking forward to performing again as I haven't been doing a lot of that recently. More information on the show can be found here:
http://www.scottishopera.org.uk/10-11/clockwork

I'm also trying to set up a tour of my show for 3-5 year-olds created with Clare McGary and TAG - Meep and Moop. We are hopeful to structure a Scottish tour of nurseries and venues in the Autumn. Watch this space! Meep and Moop is a very funny musical story about two meerkats who must overcome their fears through their friendship together. It's great fun to perform (although physically very exhausting!) and it went down really well with the young audiences when we did it before. Here's a really good review of the show from The Herald:
http://www.heraldscotland.com/arts-ents/stage-visual-arts/meep-and-moop-whiteinch-nursery-school-glasgow-1.1033241

I am applying to do a performance of Anmut (the show I did for Arches Live last year) as part of the sound festival in Aberdeen this year. It would be great to revisit this. I fel there are so many directions the work could go in and I'd love to present it to a very different audience to guage their feedback. Fingers crossed for that one too!

And finally of course there's Ditto. I will be looking into my options for developing the piece to iron out its creases and tweak into the piece that I really want it to be. Then hopefully I can try to get a tour set up.

I am also in the process of setting up my new website. Watch this space....

No comments:

Post a Comment