Tuesday 3 August 2010

Arches Live

I'm really excited to tell you that I have been selected to take part in this year's Arches Live festival in September. My show Anmut actually began life at the Imaginate festival this year as part of the Fringe Event for Families (see post below). In that very short performance I and another performer, Katy Barry, took on the role of collectors. We told our small audiences of young folk that we liked to collect toy animals and favourite words. The piece was then a song comprised of people's favourite words. The design by Kate Temple incorporated brightly painted toy animals.
Katy and Kate will both be working with me again on this new version. It's actually not going to be too similar to the original. For starters, it's a piece for adults. However I am keen to explore some things which I will later employ in the composition and devising of my show Ditto (for 8+).
The festival runs from 16th - 26th September. Our show will be on Tuesday 21st and Wednesday 22nd at 8.15pm. Hope to see you there!

A man and a woman pace the room, unaware of each other’s existence. An intake of breath, a slight opening of the mouth, a propulsion of air; the performers know how to begin. Their sounds coalesce and they move towards their duet. But are they able to sustain their song when the confidence of their actions spills into doubts of how they arrived at this point?

No comments:

Post a Comment